The Wikipedia blackout is a big surprise to many users of the web’s free encyclopedia as they restrict access to their pages for 24 in protest of the SOPA.
Likely be a huge inconvenience to many loyal users, but it is for a good cause. But for those who cannot live without Wikipedia even for a day, here is how you can use it courtesy of a friendly search engine, Google.
1. Do a normal search on google, for instance, Puerto Rico
2. On Google’s search result page, find the wikipedia link, click it.. you will get a black screen
3. Hit the back button to take you back to Google’s search results page, then copy the URL as you see on google, in this case.. “en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico”
4. Still on Google, on the space above, type cache: and then paste the copied URL, it would appear as cache:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico.. then hit enter
5. You will now see that Wikipedia page on Puerto Rico, courtesy of Google
If you thought this was cool, please tweet, share, send to others who can’t wait to for Wikipedia to get back online.